Monday, September 22, 2008

9/8 ● Galesville, MD – on the West River

Shortly after we arrived at Hartge’s Marina Friday afternoon, and tied down tight to a slip (9/5, we walked to town for a wonderful crab cake dinner, had a good night’s sleep and woke up to an all-day storm. It wasn’t nearly as severe as the weather sayers predicted and Saturday evening, when the storm left the river, it was absolutely beautiful. We departed the West River Sunday morning …. on to Solomon’s Island, via a peaceful night in Herring Bay.
Photo: West River, just after storm Hannah

1 comment:

gberke said...

I guess it's still warm there too. Hope it holds for you. Unless you want cold, though I don't know why, but then, well, you should have it, but not at the cost of getting cold here too.
That's a complicated wish, I don't suspect any of the gods will pay any attention at all. Besides, it convoluted and rather conditional.
Now I'm going to do those letters and prove I'm human. I hope the tests don't get really hard.